Thursday, August 7, 2014

Bria Marie Sturges

Well I'm going to try this blogging thing again. I'm hoping it will go better this time around since I have something or someone more exciting to write about. Don't get me wrong, Brian keeps things entertaining but not exciting enough to keep up a blog on and Miller just lies around on the couch!

Anyways I'm hoping to write monthly updates on Miss Bria and hopefully stuff going on in our lives in between.

So, let's get started on the real reason I am trying this blog again.

Miss Bria Marie Sturges




We went to the hospital July 1, 2014 to be induced. I was over being pregnant and I didn't want her born on July 4th or 5th and my Doctor was going on vacation July 3rd. So, we get to the hospital around 7pm on July 1 and around 9 they began medicine to help start the labor. This evening was pretty uneventful. Brian got to sleep on an awesome recliner chair/couch thing and the TV channels weren't a lot to choose from. Neither of us slept well that night but we did get some sleep.

Around 7 am on July 7 they came in and removed the medicine and started me on pitocin and broke my water. At this point I was not allowed to eat until she decided to arrive and I was hoping mid afternoon she would be out and I could eat again. Unfortunately Bria had other plans! Throughout the day contractions obviously got worse and I was not progressing at all. I would say around 2:30-3 I finally asked for the epidural. Brian was in charge of helping me sit on the bed and help ease with the contractions and the pain of the needle. If any of you know Brian he does not do well with blood, needles etc. so the plan was that he wasn't to see the needle but that didn't work out as planned and he thought he may pass out. Thankfully he didn't and held himself together! :)

After the epidural I finally got to take a nice nap for probably about an hour while Brian hung out watching TV and visited with our parents in the waiting room. The doctor came back in around 4:45-5 and checked and I had only progressed to a 3 throughout the entire day, and her heart rate kept dropping. Dr. Gros discussed doing a c-section even though he knew I didn't want one but it was either that or who knows when she would have came naturally and for the sake of her since her heart rate kept dropping we decided this was our best option. So, I said let's just do the c-section and end this! I text Brian so he could come back into the room and know what was going on. We weren't sure how long this process would take so Brian asked and the Doctor told him we were headed to the operating room in the next 10-20 minutes. A lot quicker than we were thinking! Off to the waiting room Brian went to let everyone know the plan, then he came back in and got dressed in booties, hat and gown and off we went!

Once in the room all the medicine made me nauseous so they got that under control and me situated in case I vomited. Still not knowing how long anything would take I made a comment about my arms being numb not knowing at this point that they had already started cutting me open. It's amazing how quickly all the drugs work and how quickly they worked to get me on the table and cut open. After being in the room for probably 20 minutes Bria was out!

July 2, 2014 at 5:38 PM Bria Marie Sturges was here. She weighed 8lbs 10 oz 20.25 inches long and a full head of hair!!



Brian asked when they pulled her out and told us she had a full head of hair if we were sure he was the dad. I promise he is that is definitely his lips and chin she has!


Stay tuned as a month has already passed by and she has changed a lot already. Hopefully she is a good girl and will let me write that post. Plus a lot of other things happening in our lives as July was eventful! 

No comments:

Post a Comment